Pages

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Why I've Prepared A Talk For Women on Being Crazy Busy


A (mercifully) short blog about a (really) big problem (to quote Kevin DeYoung from "Crazy Busy")

I have to confess, when Margaret sent off an email to ask me to write a quick blog about why I've prepared a talk about being Crazy Busy for Women.. my first thoughts were "Oh no, when will I fit that in?!!"


Ironic huh! Ok, so this is really not about me being an expert. But sharing some things that I have had to (and continue to think deeply about)


How often do we find we miss e mails, eat dinner on our laps in the car, double book important dates, and take 5 or 6 attempts to "catch up" with a good friend.


How often do we hear ourselves express our admiration of another woman in terms like "I don't know how she does it"


Yet busyness and the stress that comes from it can rob our lives of emotional depth, creativity, joy and meaning as we skim relationships and activities, like its an Olympic sport to be mastered.


We tend to wear busyness as a badge of honour, somehow marking our significance.


Yet it can be the very thing that keeps us from the things that are MOST SIGNIFICANT...and ultimately from the one who makes sense of it all.. God himself.


By Wendy Potts - Guest Speaker for the Women's Annual Dinner on Tuesday 17 June

No comments:

Post a Comment