Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

FORGIVE AND BE FREE



An old Chinese proverb says “If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum.”, but have you noticed how unforgiveness hurts the wronged person more than the perpetrator?  
It can make us twisted and bitter.

SET FREE    In her book “THE POWER OF A PRAYING PARENT” Stormie Omartian writes  “…I finally learned that forgiveness doesn’t make the other person right, it makes you free.  I always felt that forgiving someone meant I was saying ‘What you did is OK’.  But that’s not the case at all.  Forgiveness is trusting that God is the God of justice and saying ‘Father, I won’t hold that person to myself with unforgiveness anymore.’  It’s acknowledging that God knows the truth and allowing him to be the judge, because he is the only one who knows the whole story.”

DESTROYING ENEMIES     An elderly woman once asked Abraham Lincoln, “How can you speak kindly of your enemies when you should rather destroy them?”
“Madam,” he said, “Do I not destroy them when I make them my friends?”

FORGIVE AND LIVE   If you’ve been hurt, don’t compound it by letting unforgiveness twist you.  To forgive is a good way to have the last word.

- Bruce Dingwall, Senior Minister

No comments:

Post a Comment