Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Women meeting Jesus: Equip Conference 2013





Before moving to the Menai area we had lived interstate and overseas for nearly 20 years.  When we returned to Sydney in 2008, I was so thrilled to learn that there was a Women’s Conference being held at Darling Harbour.  Where we had recently lived, it was hard to attend any Christian conference unless you organised it yourself or travelled many miles.  I had never attended a conference that was purely put together so that women could teach other women.  In fact it is Biblical!  Paul writes to Titus exhorting the older women to teach the younger women and I am sure, with this in mind the organisers of the Equip Conference work hard in choosing speakers that can teach women well.  

For me there are so many distractions and worldly voices that challenge me to water down my testimony of God’s love and forgiveness or to change my views because of strong peer pressure.  I wish to live my days making Godly choices and the Equip conference offers me Bible teaching so I am able to do so.  These Bible teachers have the ability to speak to a woman’s heart and to her world.  

Come and join me and other Menai Anglican Church(MAC) women who want to hear, meet and grow in our understanding of who Jesus is.  If you are new to MAC what a wonderful opportunity for us to get to know you better.  I look forward to this day because I love our harbour and praising God with so many other women.  I hope to see you there!

- Margaret Icke, Women's Ministry Coordinator



No comments:

Post a Comment